Andrew Miller's Vizify Bio

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Process Going Forward

After Careful Consideration...

I've spent some time crafting an excel sheet to do a lot of the data gathering for me. It will provide me with a snap-shot of each fund once per day, in the hopes that having that data available to me will be helpful as I work to investigate what funds are doing.

The goal is to provide an update for each fund bi-weekly. There are currently 30 funds with the 31rst being IPO'd today. Each day I will post updates for 2 funds.



What I'll be looking at...

I've decided to look at any positions the fund holds with more than 1,000 shares. My fancy new spreadsheet will log the number of shares held, the price of the shares, and the long/short nature of the position each day. Anytime a new security is purchased, it will be automatically added to the fund's tracking page.

I'll post the shares 10 biggest investments, and how much of the total fund each of them represent. I'll also total the amount of the fund these investments represent in aggregate. The table will also note the position on the stock, and how many shares are held.

The post will also note the fund's recent trajectory, any significant changes in holding from the previous week, and comparisons to similar funds.

I look forward to your feedback. and I hope you enjoy the blog!

---whitewalls

No comments:

Post a Comment